Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Idyllic lifestyle

I've been thinking about my absolute ideal lifestyle and it would be living somewhere semi rural combining a working life of styling and image consultancy, running the fashion PR company and enjoying quite a quaint lifestyle growing some of my own food (being part of a cooperative with others would make it perfect) and looking after my rabbits.  It would be somewhere close enough to a big city for the conveniences of train stations, necessary shops etc.



It would be the escape to the countryside feeling I'd want, without being too lonely - the best of both worlds.  Peaceful without being isolated from contemporary buzz.


A pretty cottage garden (Victorian buildings always attract me, they've got character​) woodlands, hills - all quite Scottish, and a decent sized back garden for my rabbit shed, a wee greenhouse and space to grow food like strawberries, raspberries, onions, potatoes.  It sounds like bliss.






(Strathblane)

I'd wanted to run a smallholding when I was in my early twenties and that desire has never really gone.  Been modified but not disappeared.



I've always lived fairly close to the country and going for walks and drives has been part of my life forever.  Recently when coming back from London on the train it relaxed me so much to see the landscape change to hillsides, i had a sensation of being home.  Your environment is very much a part of your character.  A few weeks later I needed an escape for a day and went round the grounds of Pollok Estate in Glasgow, and found a small beechwood which was so tranquil that sitting at the foot of a big tree for fifteen minutes chilled me out completely.  My personal Facebook page has lots of albums with scenery photos.


Buchlyvie




No comments:

Post a Comment

The accidental Singer sewing machine revolution By Tim Harford

By Tim Harford ( taken from  bbc.co.uk/news/business ) Gillette adverts  stand against toxic masculinity . Budweiser  makes speciall...