Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Recent shoots

I've been busy getting my portfolio London prepared for my first styling course next week at London College of Fashion which I'm so looking forward to :D  I've been getting really high standard shoots done with great teams and I'm happy to put some images from these shoots into my portfolio.

The first was a lookbook shoot for up and coming designer Alice Cait who I came across when I was planning the Checkmate show and I wanted to put shoot together with her beautiful crisp white modern designs.  We shot around Glasgow's west end on a lovely sunny day, and the fantastic Hillhead Bookclub very kindly let us use a lovely space upstairs to get hair and make up done.





Next up was a very pleasant surprise shoot for an American photographer Matthew Calbraith Butler - it was a surprise message from a model friend to find out if I was available on the Friday which I was, and waited for a phone call which didn't come until the last minute on the Thursday evening at 10.30.  I had a chat with Matt who described what he was wanting which was a floaty dress or skirt and bold jewellery, luckily Karen and I had the pieces between us and Matt was really pleased. It seemed pretty impromtu, we got her make up done in Boots on Princes Street then made our way up the very steep cobbled street at the top of the hill with heavy suitcases...
.
We shot in the Turret at The Witchery on Edinburgh's Royal Mile, a stunning opulent suite.  This was for an exhibition that is being held in Miami in December and the camera is a scanning camera and captures an image as it goes from right to left and this means cool effects can be created by moving parts of your body or clothing to elongate it without the person creating the effects being captured in the shot as long as they move in time! What I was seeing on the laptop looked great.  The images are to be made up to be huge - small wall size - for the exhibition so they had to be incredibly good.



Then just last week I did another lookbook for a little known Japanese designer Toco Fashion living in Scotland who also showed at Checkmate and has made a collection of absolutely stunning hats and striking cocktail dresses.  Again we shot at Hillhead Bookclub which is a fantastic location.


So it's been a very productive few weeks in prep for a mega busy week in London, with the London College of Fashion editorial styling course, meeting Carly Brook who runs the London College of Styling course which is the other one I'm doing, plus meeting a couple of photographers and planning shoots with them.  After that I've got a contemporary jewellery shoot and a sportswear editorial planned!  All go and it's amazing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

The accidental Singer sewing machine revolution By Tim Harford

By Tim Harford ( taken from  bbc.co.uk/news/business ) Gillette adverts  stand against toxic masculinity . Budweiser  makes speciall...