Friday, August 26, 2016

London!!!

Leaving for my first London College of Fashion course on Monday morning - accommodation sorted; meeting a photographer to get some ideas on the go on Tuesday night, meeting Carly who runs the second course on Wednesday for the first class of that course, meeting another photographer on Friday and then home on Saturday.  I think I'll stay in bed all day Sunday!

I'm excited as a kid but nervous.  I've put a lot of effort into getting my portfolio as ready as I can, started on some good networking already - I messaged a stylist who's just graduated with a BA Hons in Fashion Styling from Istituto Marangoni London to see if could work with her as an assistant and she was lovely.  After seeing my website she messaged back with "Work looks great. I will keep you posted on the shoots I do and if you're around you can definitely help." I'm making good impressions!!

It's making me a bit anxious in case it doesn't go right but I've got to remember to keep a calm head and this time round I'm going there to learn, and going to prestigious places so it's going to put me on the right track to where I want to be. Gotta remember! I'll be fine, it's a whole big adventure and a new lifestyle opening up for me. You can see why I'm excited and nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The accidental Singer sewing machine revolution By Tim Harford

By Tim Harford ( taken from  bbc.co.uk/news/business ) Gillette adverts  stand against toxic masculinity . Budweiser  makes speciall...