Thursday, January 31, 2019

Ahead Of The Game

Over the last few issues since summer 2018 Westender magazine has been showing the new trends just as soon as they start coming into the stores in Glasgow city centre.

It's really good to be ahead of the game and show the trends as they emerge, and seeing the new pieces in the shops  always gives me the nostalgia of getting excited about fashion for the first time.  We did the March April fashion shoot last week in a gorgeous building in the city centre and the trend we went for was suits - and already there are lots of really nice ones available in major shops.  One I didn't get to use was a gorgeous snake print one from TopShop's Love concession, go take a look at it for yourself.  Next have a gorgeous yellow one I'd love to have for myself, and I did keep the green floral one from ASOS, I'm looking for the right opportunity to wear it as soon as possible and there might be that chance sometime soon.  Colour combinations are easy to make up shopping in different stores, a blouse from Next went really well with a suit from TopShop, and a shirt from Cos in Princes Square went particularly well with the floral suit.  I had a black and white stripe ASOS suit, and put a bralette from a new designer, Bonnie Lawson-Brown who lent me the prototype more or less straight out of the seamstress' hands!  This was one of  my favourite shoots for the styling I pulled and the location we shot, so I can't wait to see the issue in print at the end of February.

Westender fashion was shooting the trends ahead of schedule last summer with the animal print trend, so that when the magazine came out and gave the readers some inspiration there would be lots of choice in the shops in the west end, city centre and online.



I'm hearing really nice compliments about the styling from various people like collaborators in the Scottish creative industry and from the managers and staff in the shops I borrow pieces from which is great!  So, I'm looking forward to keeping going and bringing the trends to the magazine pages as soon as they start to happen, and let the trends unfold as the season progresses.  It's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The accidental Singer sewing machine revolution By Tim Harford

By Tim Harford ( taken from  bbc.co.uk/news/business ) Gillette adverts  stand against toxic masculinity . Budweiser  makes speciall...