Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The best of the Grad shows

I've been to lots of the graduate fashion, jewellery, costume an product design shows in the last several weeks and I'm posting images of my favourites. I've been to just about all in Glasgow, and indulged myself in a trip to London to see Graduate Fashion Week at the Old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane which was an exhibition and a half!!

First is a tiny selection of my absolute favourites.from Graduate Fashion Week:

The detail in the work on the shoulders of this jacket is brilliant and I love how this bright outfit completely comes to life when worn by a model in a shoot with as much energy as the vibrancy of the clothes



I loved these pieces which were the silhouettes of pieces from collections all done in voile to show just the design detail in the simplest way, they looked ethereal and ghost like to me.
Kelvin college in Glasgow is one of my favourites after I discovered the design talent and the tutor support a year ago, and I was really pleased to see the stunning designs this year.

Glasgow Caledonia University put on a great catwalk show with a lot of great designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The accidental Singer sewing machine revolution By Tim Harford

By Tim Harford ( taken from  bbc.co.uk/news/business ) Gillette adverts  stand against toxic masculinity . Budweiser  makes speciall...